Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
Purpose of the event
2008 proved to be a year of challenges for the radio industry.
Questions over editorial judgement and leadership have brought the industry a very public controversy. Falling advertising revenue and the consolidation of markets cause ongoing challenges. Added to this is the need to take advantage of the opportunities presented by new technologies and multi–platform content.
The industry is truly in a state of revolutionary change.
This interactive, discussion based conference will examine how a focus on skills is the key to tackling these issues by:
- Examining new business modesl and their future impact on the industry and highlighting what impact these will have on the skills needs of the industry
- Focusing on management and leadership issues and highlighting how high-end skills are essential to the survival of the industry
- Looking at ways of tacking the demand for a multi-skilled workforce to exploit the emerging opportunities that multi-platform technologies have brought to the industry
- Showing how attracting diverse new talent is key to creating innovative content
- Highlighting best practice in entry training by showcasing the work undertaken in the Route Into Radio pilot scheme
|9.30 - 10.00||Registration
Refreshments on arrival
|10.00 - 10.10||
Opening by the Chair
|10.10 - 10.15||
|10.15 - 10.25||Keynote Speech
10.25 - 11.25
Panel Debate - Diversity & Skills
|11.25 - 11.40||Coffee break|
|11.40 - 12.40||Panel Debate - Progression Routes|
|12.40 - 12.45||Summary of the morning's sessions
|12.45 - 13.45||Lunch|
|13.45 - 14.45||
Panel Debate - New Business Models
|14.45 - 14.50||Short film on the Route Into Radio Project|
|14.50 - 15.30||Case Study & Discussion: Route into Radio Project
|15.30 - 15.40||Where next?
|15.40 - 15.45||Closing summary|